No amount of pleading or bargaining kept my 30th birthday away! So I decided to embrace it (sort of) and celebrate with my hubby! Austin and I took an overnight trip to St. Augustine, which I was excited about, but also nervous because it was our first time leaving Madi overnight. I'm so glad we went though--I realized after making the reservations that it was our first trip alone together since our honeymoon almost nine years ago! We paid a little extra and got a room with a king sized bed and a whirlpool tub. It was fantastic, and worth every penny! The next morning, Austin said he didn't even know I was in the bed with him. :)
We left Friday morning, my actual birthday, and made the drive up to St. Augustine. We got there before we could check in to our hotel, so we headed straight for our first destination: The Fountain of Youth! It was my only special request...if I could get there before 1:53pm, then technically I would stay 29. I made it with a couple of hours to spare! :)
We drank some water from the "fountain" (sulfur=gross), and then I bought my own little souvenir bottle from the gift shop.
We spent two days shopping, holding hands, talking, having our meals prepared for us, sleeping in, and watching something other than Bubble Guppies or Blue's Clues. No hot dogs to cut up, no sippy cups in my purse, and no diapers to change...holy cow, I just realized that's the longest I've gone in 7 1/2 years without changing a diaper! Wow!I hope it won't be nine years again before we can get away together. It was a great way to spend my "29.95 birthday" (thank you Fountain of Youth!) :)
Sunday, June 26, 2011
The Big 3-0!
Posted by
Becca
at
12:06 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I love the lil sailboat in the background of the last pic!! :) SO happy for you guys that you were able to get away!! MUAH!
Post a Comment