Thursday, July 5, 2012

A Laid-Back 4th

This year for the 4th of July, we had a nice semi-quiet night at home. We wanted to go to the Oviedo Mall to watch fireworks, but I was too worried about the mosquitoes with Emily. So we barbecued some baby back ribs and then went outside to do some little fireworks for the girls. The bug spray doesn't seem to be cutting it with Emily, so I had to dress her ignoring the fact that it's been 100 degrees outside. Of course, then Madi wanted to wear a jacket too. :) Here are the girls in their little chairs, patiently waiting for fireworks!



It was so cute watching Madi write her name in the sky with her sparkler.



While I was taking this picture, Emily decided to grab at the sparkler with her left hand. Good thing Austin was so quick! He grabbed her before I even had a chance to process what she did. :)



We watched the big fireworks from neighbors one street over. Madi was cracking us up, doing a little "Agh!" every time she heard one. When the full moon started to quickly rise (seriously--we swear we could actually see it moving!), the fireworks over the moon looked so cool!


When the sparklers and Snap and Pops were gone, we came inside and put the girls to bed, and then had another late night working on this fishing tournament! We're really moving along and it looks like it's going to be a great event!

0 comments: